I realize that the best thing is to laugh at the stupid things I've done, all of the stupid things I've done. So, after posting the story about my shin, here is one about my toe. Don't worry it's short. The story; not the toe.
It was a December morning, I believe the 12th of December. I remember because it was the last day of classes and the first day of college finals. Anyway I was getting ready for class and auto-started my car when I realized that I hadn't set the dials to defrost the windshield. I ran outside to quickly set the dials (I didn't really have time to scrap the hard ice off the windshield, not without the defrost softening it first). The problem lie in the fact that I was not yet dressed.
I ran outside in my pajamas and bare feet, I figured that I would not be in one spot long enough for the cold to damage said feet, however I forgot about the ice. I was briskly walking back up my front porch, which is really a wooden deck, and stepped on a patch of ice. My right foot slid down the length of one of the boards and my toe (the one next to the pinky toe) jammed between the boards. As my foot continued to slide it twisted pulling my toe from the boards and disjointing it at the same time.
I made it to class on time and went to the doctors the next day. He asked me how it happened so I told him I slipped on ice, he looked at me and without blinking asked "Didn't the shoe protect your toe any?" Damn it! I was hoping you would catch that part. It wasn't broken but bloody and bruised. I, after previously seeing him twice for sprained ankles (different one each time), assured him I'm not a drunk.
Monday, May 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment