Friday, March 21, 2008

Quotes From "Treasury of Wit & Wisdom"

A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin. -H.L. Mencken

I have a heart of a child. I keep it in a jar on my shelf. -Robert Bloch

It's the friends you can call up at 4 a.m. that matter. -Marlene Dietrich

Love is a perky elf dancing a merry little jig and then suddenly he turns on you with a miniature machine gun. -Matt Groening

Sex is a momentary itch; love never lets you go. - Kingsley Amis

To fall in love is to create a religion that has a fallible god. -Jorge Luis Borges

I wasted time, and now doth time waste me. -William Shakespeare

The place where optimism most flourishes is the lunatic asylum. -Havelock Ellis

What worries you masters you. - Haddon W. Robinson

Most people would rather be certain they're miserable than risk being happy. -Robert Anthony

From the Reader's Digest Treasury of Wit & Wisdom; 4000 if funniest, cleverest, most insightful things ever said

No comments: